I know one might think there are already thousands of banana bread recipes existing online so why bother to come up with another one? It’s because when I bake I usually don’t measure the ingredients and it’s a pain trying to remember them when someone asks for a recipe. So yesterday when I baked banana bread again I decided to once and for all do the measuring and writing. Next time someone asks, all I have to do is send the link with a note that says “Dobrou chut’!
- 3 mashed bananas
- 60 grams brown sugar
- 60 grams butter (melted)
- 1 egg
- 160 grams wholemeal wheat flour
- 80 grams coarsely chopped dark chocolates
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60 grams chopped walnuts (optional)
Use bananas that are overripe like in the photo above. When they turn really dark that you think they look disgusting, that’s exactly what makes them best for baking because they are a lot sweeter. You can freeze them, too, so that next time you make banana bread all you need is to defrost and they’re ready for baking.
I love this bread with walnuts. If you don’t have a walnut allergy, do put it in your bread. I had chronic hives for four months that baffled my allergist so she’s banning all nuts from my diet until further notice. Sigh. I miss you, nuts.
Anyway, on to the procedure. I know I tend to blab a lot. 🙂
- Mix mashed bananas, egg, sugar, melted butter, and vanilla extract together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Fold in dry ingredients to wet until they’re mixed.
- Add chopped chocolates and walnuts. Fold till all ingredients are well mixed.
- Bake in a pre-heated 180°C until skewer inserted turns clean