I can’t believe I left my blog unattended for over a month! I had a few sewing projects since the last update but just didn’t find the time to sit and write them down. I also came up with a few baking recipes. Hopefully I’ll be able to blog like crazy now that Christmas break is just a few blinks away.
Speaking of Christmas, everyone’s been on a baking frenzy here in CZ. Me and husband dearest already baked two boxes of traditional Czech Christmas cookies last weekend, and just a few hours ago I baked a batch of chocolate-chip cookies to bring to his Aunt’s for our visit tomorrow. Adi’s family loves these cookies and since it’s the season for sharing, I decided to share my “secret” recipe here. 🙂
- 125 g melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup crystal sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 sachet baking powder (about 5 grams)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 150 g coarsely chopped dark chocolates
- Pre-heat oven at 200°C.
- Mix eggs, sugar, vanilla and melted butter.
- Add flour and baking powder mixture. Mix well.
- Fold in coconut and dark chocolates.
- Refrigerate or put in the freezer till dough hardens a bit.
- Roll into small balls. Gently press on a baking paper covered tray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or til cookies begin to brown.
- Let cool and serve. Yields about 20 medium pieces.
I found these super cute cookie boxes in a shop by Metro Skalka and bought four pieces in different sizes. These cookies in a pretty box will really make a nice Christmas gift, don’t you think? Or you can wrap them in a plastic like I did in the photo below. Ah, the creative minds work nonstop this season. 🙂